Writing stuff about stuff that happened or will eventually happen.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hey, It's me.

I said "good" when she asked how I was doing, and my face started burning. My ears swelled and started closing and the whole world muddled like a yawn. I could hear my throat constrict and the insides of my eyelids grew shards of glass and I blinked. I smiled. My eyes felt like burning... I'm not just happy... Strike that. What I meant to say was

I'm Just.
Not.
Happy.

I'm enthusiastically miserable. More than is acceptable. I'm unhappy enough - and have been for long enough - for my blandness and cold misery to call for a good tough love cleansing speech from a friend or worse - my mom. I can hear her saying "enough is enough, it's time to snap out of it and move on already" underneath her "dad and I really love you" speech. If she only knew how bad this feeling hurts, she'd understand. And she'd want to kick my ass.

"Well that's good to hear, darlin'."

No comments:

who?

My photo
New York, New York, United States

What's your favorite tune from Experiments In Drowning?

topics