Writing stuff about stuff that happened or will eventually happen.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Of The Metaphore That Angels Fall

It's true, dear
The metaphore that Angels fall
and of all the fallen Angels found
it's you that I find

You fall for
a reason unknown to me
but a reason just the same
you didn't fall just to rhyme

And it's falling
that makes you so cold
so hard, and so bitter
and so just out of reach

I've fallen
to feel a kindred soul with you
and hope you show me what to do
to find the core of your peach.

She means broken
when she says tired
She means lonely
by uninspired

So sue me
I only wanted time to sing
I never meant to mend your wings
featherless and lame

I've no regrets
save standing at the door
and waving farewell, but well
they're regrets just the same

She means never
when she says soon
She means my eyes
by the light of the moon

A hundred thousand stars are out tonight.
And they all fall down. They all fall down.
A hundred thousand stars are shining bright.
To watch you hit the ground.
'Cause we all fall down. We all fall down.

No comments:

who?

My photo
New York, New York, United States

What's your favorite tune from Experiments In Drowning?

topics