Writing stuff about stuff that happened or will eventually happen.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

On losing my status as a planet.

So I get anxiety attacks. So what. So sometimes I'm standing in line at starbucks during a perfectly productive and normal day, and my mind starts racing about some particular topic, and I suddenly realize that my heart is racing, and I'm standing in a cold sweat. I have a headache within seconds, and my breathing is irregular. It's not necessarily the same thing that sets me off, but I would have to say that the large majority of these mental rampages are close to the topic of money. Not having it, but... well, not having it.

I'm drinking hot coffee now. I have been a total wuss about my cafeine intake until this Saturday.
"Single Grande No-Whip Mocha Frappucino, Please. Oh, and can you put that in a Venti cup?" That was even a step up for me. A year ago, I couldn't stand the taste of espresso, so I would get the grande caramel frappucino. Whip cream and all. Now, I've progressed beyond my wildest dreams.

"Single Grande No-Whip Mocha, Please." See the difference? IT'S HOT!!! That's the difference. I have been a clumsy fool when it comes to hot drinks for the duration of my life thus far. Now, having clearly established that I am ill-prepared for the New England winter at hand, I am taking my first steps toward full-body warmth. Hot mocha. With a shot. So I'm warm, and jittery.

A new member of my ever-swelling and contracting inner-circle of influential relationships (hereafter referred to as "Lektor") has helped with a couple of the other steps. She's begun buying me wool hats that cover my ears and are "soooo cute" on me. I've generally had a helluva time finding hats, 'cause my head is so big, it's just slightly not a planet (I feel your pain, Pluto), so the new headwear is greatly appreciated. Gloves, on the other hand, have not yet been added to my 3 ft of closet space, but should be soon.

I'm rambling, but that's mainly 'cause I have only about 3 things on my mind, and I am not allowing myself to discuss any of them here... yet. I just really want to get over this anxiety, and get back to my luscious hot mocha.

Oh, and... go out and buy the latest cd by the roots. Now. And get ready to ... well, have your face melted.

No comments:

who?

My photo
New York, New York, United States

What's your favorite tune from Experiments In Drowning?

topics