Writing stuff about stuff that happened or will eventually happen.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dear Red Fraggle

I have 23 minutes of battery life on my laptop, so let's make it snappy.

I'm going to see MuteMath tonight in Times Square. I'll report back, but for now, suffice it to say that I'm excited. I'm bringing Lektor, who has never seen them before.

Lektor and I went to see Martin Short's one man play on Broadway last night. Amazing. Very funny, and really displays his broad talent. More notably, we had literally the best seats in the house, front row center with no one on either side of us. I don't know how she did it, but I was grateful. I had read before that Martin Short had written into the show a segment where he would dress as Gimini Glick and call celebrities from the audience onto the stage and interview them. Last night the celebrity in the audience was Jerry Springer. It made me focus on the first time I saw Jerry Springer in person. I was on the Jerry Springer show with my family. Aweful. Absolutely Aweful. I'll tell you all about it some day.

We're going to see Rent next week.

Rosco is still a bad ass, and getting stronger and bigger everyday. I've got some pics online, but for now, just take this one, taken on his 10 month birthday.



... a short, furry, Ahnold. Right?

For those still not completely worn out with reports about a record that is seemingly never going to be released, Roy Mitchell-Cardenas is bringing my record to me tonight, and possibly coming back into the city this weekend to hang for a day or so, and maybe even work with me on my live show, which is yet to be developed.

Expect me to be talking a LOT about the new Damien Rice album. Even if I don't actually talk about it very much, 'cause I'll be thinking about it constantly. It's good. Surprising at places, mainly 'cause he made such a big stink about wanting to release a "heavy" record, but also because it's surprising how good he can consistently be. Oh, and Lisa Hannigan is still an Angel filled with Magic Juice that makes her voice massage your soul and... she's ridiculous.

That's all for now. I'm tired, it's too early to be blogging, but I'm almost out of battery, and I'm very very busy today, so I thought I'd get this out of the way. I love New York. I really do.

2 comments:

Society's Elite said...

I was at the Mutemath show at BB King's also and they ROCKED. That was definitely an experience...

Anonymous said...

write more blog entries. i'm bored.

who?

My photo
New York, New York, United States

What's your favorite tune from Experiments In Drowning?

topics