Writing stuff about stuff that happened or will eventually happen.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Seize the day like an epileptic with a hangover...

Not much to report, but lots to tell. The record is coming along. I'm excited, tired, and frustrated. We keep hitting brick walls within minutes of every breakthrough. Vocals are an everloving bitch to track if you don't want to sound like an idiot AND you don't have disposable money to spend. Not everything here is about music, but it's damn near close.


Roy has one of the most beautiful Blonde American Pitbull's I've ever seen. Her name is Dakota. She and Rosco (my 5 mo/old Boxer) are getting along fine, but Rosco is wearing her out a little, I think.

Roy and Wendy (his wife) went to church this afternoon, and left me here to work on vocals for the record, and to get some time to try some things with the mixdown. At about 4:30, I thought I heard someone walking around downstairs. Assuming they'd come home, I mozied down to the kitchen to find Dakota locked up in the corner in an epileptic seizure that scared the hell out of me. I rushed to get a wet cloth and some water for her, and lifted her head out of the pool of her own foamy drool. It sucked. It was such a deeply sad moment to watch her come out of it and not know where she was, or what to do with herself. She lay on her stomach after the seizure broke, and just stared at the wall in a trance for a few moments which seemed like an eternity, while Rosco and Pudge (the black Lab?) went nuts outside because they knew something was going on. It wasn't the first attack she's had since I've been here, but it's the first I've seen, and I saw it alone with a huge feeling of responsibility resting on my back while it happened.

After all that's gone on here (I also have now been fired for the first time in my life, because I wasn't paying nearly as much attention to my employer as I was this record. At least, according to them), we needed a break. We went out tonight to meet up with some of Roy's friends. Genuinely sweet and cool people. It's great to meet sincerity and honest interest in new people, and I found it in everyone I met tonight. ZERO pretense, even less tension. I felt at home, which was nice, since I haven't in a while.

Oh, and the record is starting to sound good too.

Living in the hole I made.
d.

No comments:

who?

My photo
New York, New York, United States

What's your favorite tune from Experiments In Drowning?

topics