Writing stuff about stuff that happened or will eventually happen.

Monday, August 07, 2006

No, I never played "with" Shaq, but I was in the same gym with him once...

Woo hoo! I'm officially done with my part of the first part of the process of the pre-mix recording and tracking of my record or EP (if nothing drastic changes, like this morning when I remixed a song and now have to email it, track by track, to Roy)!!!

I can't tell you how relieved I almost am about this process being close to being close to being almost finished. Most importantly, I'm excited about the fact that it is now in much more capable hands as Roy will be working on some of the "finishing" touches over the next couple months.

------

Yesterday was ... exciting. I loaned my car to Matthew to borrow for the week on vacation. As I only needed a car for the night, I swapped for a friend's car... hereafter referred to as "perp #1" or "my second-least-favorite go-cart". This is a long story and was a very long day, so I'll spare the details and just give you the hilights.

The Hate and I headed out at 11:30 am to pick up Roy from Newark. We got there at 12:30. It's about 9 miles away. This began our pattern of getting lost in New Jersey on the way to warped tour to see Mute Math play 4 songs. Heading back, the gas gauge read 1/4 tank, and we putted to a stop less than 2 miles from the festival, and more than 3 miles from a gas station. Got some gas from a (or THE) friendly New Jersey-ite, and headed home. Made great time on the way back until we hit traffic at the Holland tunnel, which took almost an hour just to cross a red light. We played a game where we told 2 truths about ourselves and 1 lie, and everyone else had to pick which one was the lie. Deep secrets were revealed, and there was much rejoicing when the game was over.

The 40 mile trip one way and 30 minute show turned into a 10 hour trip that left us all feeling exhausted, delirious, and dirty. The go-cart had no AC, cd player, or, on occasion, brakes. Once in the city, I proceeded to get us completely lost as I mistook Broadway for heading north when it actually goes south, and added another 30 minutes to our trip for absolutely no reason.

Beer, pizza, coffee, and a lot of walking to places that we decided not to go into once we got there, ended our night. Princess joined us for the coffee and the walking. Greg Hill was along for the whole trip (who apparently has/had deep secrets about going to the bathroom at church as a kid). He and Roy (who, for the record DOES NOT have a distant cousin in Spain) stayed at "my place" for the night, as they were flying out with the rest of the band from JFK airport this morning.

This all got me thinking, "I should really have more interesting things to talk about on my blog, but I honestly can't have many original thoughts after days like this - which seem to happen to me far too often." On that note...

.meshach.

No comments:

who?

My photo
New York, New York, United States

What's your favorite tune from Experiments In Drowning?

topics